How do you make money with Facebook videos?
The most popular ways to make money through Facebook videos are ads, merchandise, and donations from viewers. Having a larger fan base will allow you to generate more revenue. Therefore, you should focus on growing your audience while applying simple monetization techniques.
Are you interested in jumping on the Facebook bandwagon, making money by videoing yourself doing the things you love and are good at?
Facebook is starting to recognize the benefits of creator content. You can make content, put it on Facebook, and profit.
Luckily for you, I’ll show you the best ways to make money with your videos on Facebook. I’ll even show you how to make content worth paying for. You’ll be on your way to making your first video in no time.
This article may contain affiliate links which pay a commission and support this blog. Thank you for your support!
How to Make Money with Facebook Videos (3 Best Ways)
While there are various ways to profit from your Facebook videos, we will provide information on the three that seem to work out the best.
1. Facebook Ad Breaks
There is little more frustrating than all of the ads that pop up while trying to watch your favorite facebook streams. However, these ads are how your favorite creators make most of their money, making it possible for them to keep putting out videos for your entertainment.
There are two different ways Facebook will use ads in your videos, live-stream and instream. Both of these options have specific requirements each influencer must reach before they are eligible.
Instream ads are a little easier to control and qualify for. These ads will play right before a video starts and somewhere in the middle of it.
To qualify for in-stream ads, you must meet the following requirements:
- 600,000 views in 60 days– You will need to have 600,000 views reached on any of your videos uploaded within 60 days. It doesn’t have to be the same video, but a total of at least 600,000 views.
- Five active videos– Even if you have one video with one million likes, you won’t be eligible for ad monetization. You are required to have at least five active videos on Facebook at all times.
- 10,000 followers- Each page requires at least 10,000 followers within 30 days of applying for the ads. That means at least 10,000 different profiles have to follow your page at any given time.
- 60-sec videos– In the past, videos had to be at least 3-minutes long to qualify for ads; now, they only have to be one full minute, which gives you a 30sec ad.
- Post from page, not profile- You cannot post your videos to a personal profile; your videos must be loaded to a Facebook page to qualify for payment.
- Meet the Partner Monetization Policies– This includes things such as living in an eligible country, abiding by community standards, sharing original and authentic content, following payment terms, etc. (to find the entire list of Partner Monetization Policies, visit Facebooks business help center.
To qualify for live-stream ads, you must meet the exact requirements as above and have at least 60,000 live-stream minutes viewed within the last 60-days.
Fans love to support their favorite craters; a great way to make money is by promoting your brand and selling merchandise. This merchandise can be anything from apparel and accessories to home decor and school gear.
You must do a little research before deciding which type of merchandise is right for your brand, which will bring in money.
Don’t forget, you have to front the cost of the items you sell. Therefore, you want to be reasonably sure your audience will be interested in the products you present them.
Examples of popular merchandise:
- Hoodies (with brand logo)
- Coffee mugs
- T-shirts (with brand logo)
- Sweat pants (with brand logo)
- Wine glasses
- Stickers (Car and regular)
Again, always sell what your viewers are looking for. If you are a true crime content creator, selling items with serial killers, loungewear, or “the husband did it” items will be beneficial. As a beauty blogger, things like pocket mirrors, keychains, and handbags will probably sell a little faster.
It is also crucial that your brand logo is always on the items and the products are unique. No one wants the same round keychain by ten different creators. (unless they are collectors.) Make your merchandise stand out above the rest.
Make sure your logo is fan and appealing. It shouldn’t just be a great way to show the audience what your page is about, but also double as a fashion statement, or no one is going to want to flaunt it.
3. Donations From Viewers
Facebook has recently adapted a way for creators to get paid by their fans for their content. Viewers can purchase Facebook “stars” to pay their favorite pages for their service. For every star you receive, Facebook will pay you one cent. So, you will need quite a bit of stars donated to make good money.
These stars cost the viewers $1.40 for 100 starts. You can buy them in different bundles, where the more stars you buy, the less it will cost.
How to Make Content Worth Paying for
To make money on Facebook, you first need to have quality content fans are willing to pay for. This means you have to have interesting, exciting, quality-made, and unique videos.
There are millions of videos uploaded to Facebook, so you have to make your content stand out to profit off of them.
- Be Creative: Take the time to go through other Facebook pages in the same genre as yours and see what others are doing, what seems to be working and what doesn’t, and what things are not being utilized to put your videos in the spotlight.
- Be Patient: Although it has happened, it is highly unlikely you will become a Facebook sensation overnight. To make money creating content requires a lot of patience and perseverance; it might get harder before it gets easier.
- Professionalism: Be respectful and mindful of the audience you are producing your videos for. No one wants to listen to negative talk and inappropriate comments constantly when they are there for specific content. (Unless that is the specific content you are producing.)
- Be strong: Creating content for any social media will bring out the trolls. While constructive criticism should be taken seriously, mean and rude comments are a waste of your time, and you have to be able to handle them (you will get them no matter how great your videos are.)
- Advertise: The best way to make your videos popular is by advertising them any way you can. Share the page with as many people you have access to, talk about with friends and in groups, share the information on other social media sites.
Facebook has made it extremely easy to get information out to a wide audience in no time at all, and having the ability to spread the word through other Facebook communities and friend groups will prove to be beneficial in monetizing your page.
Summary: How to make money with Facebook videos
It is possible to make money from quality, exciting, interesting, and engaging content on a Facebook page. To be successful, you need to make sure your videos are different from the rest, easy to follow and provide personality and information like no other.
Having a large audience is crucial for your success. The more viewers, the more you can earn from ads, product merchandise, and donations.